The The next Open Enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) will begin November 1, 2015 and end February 1, 2016. However, don’t panic there are other options prior to open enrollment in the private insurance market should an individual and/or family experience a “Qualifying Life Event”. A qualifying life event is a special exemption that allows individuals and families to buy private health insurance through a broker outside the open enrollment period designated under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for 60 days from the qualifying event. WE can help “ON” exchange (help with government subsidy) or “OFF” exchange (private plan) as well understanding qualifying events..
Examples of qualifying events(special enrollment) include:
- If you were recently married,
- Divorced or had a child or adopting a child,
- Involuntarily losing previously employer held health insurance or COBRA coverage ends,
- Changing your permanent place of residence,
- Your employer plan has open enrollment and you want to see individual plan options for your dependents,
- Child reaches age 26 and can no longer be included on their parents health insurance plan.
Under the Affordable Care Act only four basic types of plans are available and all include the required ten essential benefits mandated by the Affordable Care Act. The difference between the plans is based on the “actuarial value“ for each plan. Here’s how the four basic type of plans are broken down:
- Bronze- Pays 60 % of the medical cost. You pay 40 %
- Silver- Pays 70 % of the medical cost. You pay 30 %
- Gold- Pays 80 % of the medical cost. You pay 20 %
- Platinum- Pays 90 % of the medical cost. You pay 10 %
Premiums will generally be lower for bronze and silver plans than for gold and platinum plans, but you’ll pay higher deductibles and co-payments for your medical care.
Additional key points of interest you may want to review are highlighted below:
- Premium Subsidy (Advance Premium Tax Credit)
- Apply For Advance Premium (Subsidy) Tax Credit
- Tax Credit Calculator
- Insurance Companies We Represent
- Apply for Health Insurance
- About US
Our service cost you nothing, and we GUARANTEE your premium, for the same health insurance benefits, will be NO greater than if you purchased your individual and/or family health insurance directly from the insurance company by yourself. To request a free, no obligation, online Quote, Simply click on the blue quote bar. Should you have questions or need assistance with the online quoting process or like a personal consultation regarding your situation or help in completing your online application for health insurance please give Laura, an RN and experienced career broker a call in the Greater Houston Area (936) 321-6286 or toll free 1 (888) 780-1215 anywhere in Texas.